“Prepare!” – Matthew 3:1-12 – Pastor Larry Kassebaum
What the crowds know
John the Baptist spoke powerfully because he had a radical message and a radical method.
When we fail to plan we are planning to fail.
A much better way
God’s grace in Jesus motivates us to repent
Repentance is a change of mind that leads to a change of life.
1 John 1:8-9
Know your three R’s
Recognize – repentance is for failing people
Remorse – use the six hard words
Renewal – replace you old habits with better ones
2 Corinthians 5:17
1. How were the people in the crowds that came to listen to John the Baptist the same? Different?
2. Why is it so important (and hard) for religious people to repent?
3. What are some of the reasons it was so important for a messenger like John the Baptist to prepare the way for Jesus’ ministry?
4. What are some of the similarities between the world of John the Baptist and our world?
5. What are some of the events/who are some of the people that helped prepare you for Jesus entry into your life?
6. What are some of the ways you can help others prepare to receive the Kingdom Jesus brings?
7. What are some of the things Victory has done in the past year to help “prepare the way of the Lord?”