“Speak the Truth in Love” – Ephesians 4:14-16 – Pastor Larry Kassebaum
God wants us to grow
There’s nothing wrong with being baby for a while.
Spiritual growth and maturity are not automatic.
Every problem in life has a purpose. That purpose is to build our character.
God uses our possibilities/temptations to grow our obedience.
Read the Book
The Bible gives us doctrine – so we know what is right.
The Bible gives us reproof – so we know what is not right.
The Bible gives us correction – so we know how to get right.
The Bible gives us instruction – so we know how to stay right.
2 Timothy 3:16
1. Why is it often said that babies are the most selfish people in the world?
2. What are some of the behaviors that we want children to “grow out of” as they grow older?
3. How are spiritually immature people like babies?
4. What are some of the behaviors that Jesus wants us to “grow out of”?
5. Who were some of the people in your life who have “spoken truth” into your life?
6. If you could choose only one, is it more important to hear truth or lies told in love?
7. What signs would others point to in your life as marks that you are still becoming more spiritually mature?