“Make a Choice” – Joshua 24:14-18 – Pastor Larry Kassebaum
All or nothing
Joshua’s words remind us that if God’s words aren’t true, they’re worthless. If they are true, they are of infinite importance.
First you need to make a choice, then you have to manage your choice.
God’s mighty acts
The foundation for our total commitment to God is based on stories of His total commitment to us.
When we recall all that God has done for us, thanks, praise and obedience follow like fruit.
Is anybody following you?
Pulling a rope is easy, pushing one is impossible.
You need to be intentional about transmitting your values.
1. What are some of your favorite “mighty acts of God” from scripture? How have they shaped your personal life?
2. What do you consider some of the most significant “mighty acts of God” you’ve experienced in your personal life? How have they impacted you?
3. What are some of the most life changing decisions you’ve made in your life? What were some of the things you had to do (maybe even some things you gave up) to manage those decisions?
4. What helps you remember decisions/commitments to serve God above all things? (Special places, carrying a cross, special events, habits, rituals, etc.)
5. How well do you think you’ve led your “house” to serve the Lord? What else do you think you could do?