“Think Bigger” – Jeremiah 29:10-14 – Pastor Jim Glesne
The people in Jeremiah’s time:
– thought they would never end up in Babylon. That led them to false confidence.
– thought they would never get out of Babylon. That led them to despair.
We face the same danger when we:
– expect what God has never promised.
– refuse to believe what God has promised.
And God Said …..
The promise – I will hear you when you pray.
The condition – Seek Me with all your heart.
The reward – I will bring you home.
We are called to pray for God’s plans to be fulfilled.
We must seek God and not just His blessings.
2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 “May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.”
1. When we are in deep relationship with someone, we learn what makes them tick. How does that depth occur in family or friend relationships?
2. We know that God wants to do great things in our life. How can we know what they are? How do we get to the point that we know?
3. Talk about what is necessary to have a strong and deep relationship with God. (Prayer, Scripture reading, worship, listening to God). What level of commitment is needed from us in each of these?
4. Is God leading you to do something today that you are trying to ignore? What is it? Does even considering doing it frighten you?