“What You Don’t Know CAN Hurt You” – Hosea 4:4-12 – Pastor Larry Kassebaum
Do you see the problem?
In Hosea’s time, God looked at His people and saw moral chaos and unacceptable behavior.
Without a sense of awe, there is no sense of wonder and shame.
God wants us to know Him so we can feel the depth of His love.
Hosea reminds us that we can always go home, but we can also die in complacency.
Take this to heart
Today is a good day to swallow your pride and finish the phrase, “if only I had been more faithful.”
Our God is a God of both great blessings and terrible curses.
1. What have been some of your most troubling “if only” experiences in your life?
2. When and how have you compromised your faith and values because you thought the price was too high?
3. We know that drinking poison accidentally won’t let us escape the poisons consequences, why would we believe that being ignorant of sin would be any different?
4. Can you see how being filled with “awe and wonder” at what God has done for you would impact your willingness to serve and obey Him?
5. What do you think Hosea meant when he said, “because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children?”
6. What similarities/differences do you see between Hosea’s world and ours?