“Ready for Life & Death” – John 14:1-6 – Pastor Larry Kassebaum
What about the future?
Ignorance and denial will not serve you well when it comes to the reality of death.
Believing that God Has provided life for eternity provides peace and happiness in this life plus hope for the future.
1 Corinthians 15:9
Look to Jesus
Our trust is in a relationship with Jesus not our understanding or knowledge.
Those who have received Christ’s offer of salvation by grace are truly ready to live or die because they have no fear of the future.
The best is yet to come
Betting your life on the resurrection is simple, if you are right, you win it all. If you are wrong, you lose nothing.
Invest your life building God’s kingdom here and preparing others for their future as well.
1. What are some of the words people tend to use to refer to death instead of the actual word “death”? How might that be a clue to their poor understanding of Jesus and the resurrection?
2. What are some poor or inaccurate things you have been taught about what happens to us after we die? How did the truth of scripture free you from those misconceptions?
3. What are some of the concrete ways Jesus’ beliefs about what was going to happen to him after death influence his behavior during the last days/hours of his life? Do you share His beliefs and His confidence?
4. Why is it important to believe in the full truth about what God will do for us after death, especially when it comes to matters like judgement, heaven and hell? What happens when people only know part of the truth?
5. How should the reality of death and the consequences at stake shape not only your life but also your concern for others?
6. Do you have a list of people you are praying about because you are concerned that they are unaware or unprepared for what will come at the end of this life?