“Salvation is Certain” – John 3:1-16 – Pastor Jim Glesne
Scripture reminds us that life is really all about either living in darkness or being brought into the light.
John 12:46 “I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.”
Ephesians 5:8 “For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light.”
It is all about relationship.
We are called to love God unreservedly.
Luke 10:27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.”
It all comes down to God’s gift of salvation!
Salvation means health and wholeness in the here and now.
Ephesians 2:8-9 “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast.”
Salvation is not something we can earn or deserve.
We walk in grace.
We are called to offer grace to others.
John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
The question in life is whether or not you are going to live your life for titles or for testimonies.
1. How would you define “salvation”?
2. How would you describe Nicodemus to a friend? What kind of person was he?
3. Why would you suppose Nicodemus come to Jesus at night?
4. How would you compare you own search for God compared to Nicodemus? More straight forward? More intellectual?
5. What is “salvation”?
6. Think about a time when you needed a fresh start?
7. What does it mean to “walk with Jesus”?