“Who and Whose You Are” – John 1:6-13 – Pastor Larry Kassebaum
Deal or no deal
When we doubt our identity in Christ, we are prone to making really bad deals.
Doubting God’s word will leave us chasing love, security and significance on our own.
Great is your inheritance
In Christ, you are:
- a member of His family
- a citizen of heaven
- free from condemnation
Time to start really living
Happiness and quality of life are by-products of our new identity and purpose.
As you learn to accept grace and mercy for yourself, you will also desire it for others.
1. What are some of the bad deals you’ve made in the course of your life?
2. How do fear, anger, guilt and desperation promote poor decision-making?
3. How have people and events from your past instilled doubt into your mind and limited your ability to take risks and live into the fullness of your potential?
4. What would happen if you treated your “new identity and inheritance” in baptism like winning the lottery or receiving an earthly inheritance?
5. Can you honestly say that you trust Jesus for your need to be loved, secure and significant? If not what would you need to do that?
6. How do you think behaviors like building others up and feeling comfortable talking about what Jesus means to you reveals how much grace and mercy has been poured into your life?
7. What would happen if you read and believed that the words of Matthew 3:17 apply to you?