“Time to Believe and Live Again!” – John 20:1-18 – Pastor Larry Kassebaum
Everything has changed
Easter invites us to trade our concept of real life to resurrection life.
The miracle of the resurrection challenges us to change our plans and our identities.
Denial is not an option
It’s hard to ignore an earthquake, angels and an empty tomb.
Listen as Jesus offers us important commands and assurances.
No going back
You now live in a world where resurrection is a reality and where Jesus lives forever.
“Stop fearing ‘and “go and tell what you’ve seen, heard and believe!”
1. Have you ever known anyone who doesn’t believe men have walked on the moon (or something similar)? Why is it so hard to convince people of extraordinary things?
2. What have you experienced that you wouldn’t have believed if you “hadn’t seen it with your own eyes?”
3. What is more powerful in changing your beliefs- What you see or what you hear? Why is this important in understanding peoples struggle to believe in the resurrection?
4. What are some of the ways the reality of death has shaped or continues to influence your life?
5. What are some of the ways the reality of the resurrection has shaped or is influencing your life?
6. What are some of the ways the early disciple’s lives were radically altered by a “resurrection” mindset?
7. What evidence would lead people who know you to think you had seen the “Risen Lord?”