“How Life Begins and Ends” – John 1:1-14
“I believe that God has created me and all that exists . . .” (Luther’s explanation of the First Article)
Start at the beginning
We all wrestle with life’s two big questions: “Who am I?”, and “Where do I come from?”
Genesis answers “who” questions better than “how” questions.
Awe and Wonder
Remember God thought of us first and created us last.
God has custom designed each of us.
What does this mean?
Your days have destiny!
Your problems have purpose!
Your future is eternity!
- How would you describe Genesis in a book report: The style of writing? The Action? The Purpose? The flow?
- If Genesis were dropped from the Bible, what would be missing from the story of God’s redemptive work in history?
- Re-read Genesis 1. What do you find most remarkable about creation or the way it is recorded in Genesis? How does that affect and shape your understanding of God?
- What does it mean to you to be created in God’s image?
- What connections or similarities do you find between Genesis 1 and John 1?
- What facts about “the Word” do you find in John 1:1-5 and 1:10-18?
- In what ways does Jesus dwell in you?
- How can you be a witness to the Light in your family, the church, or your neighborhood?