“Be Filled with Joy” – Luke 15:1-7 – Pastor Larry Kassebaum
Don’t settle for happy
Happiness is dependent, joy is independent.
Joy is not a product of possessions, pleasure or accomplishments.
Jesus brings joy
Every other religion has people searching for God, in Christianity, Christ pursues us.
True joy comes from knowing you have a Savior.
Make room for joy
Expect joy to be strongest when troubles come.
1. How have you experienced the difference between joy and happiness?
2. What are some of the things that you’ve done that have brought you the greatest joy?
3. Why is our identity in Christ so important to a life of joy?
4. What is there about pursuing a great purpose that brings joy?
5. Would you say that most people can see the joy of the Lord on your face? Why or why not?
6. Who are some of the Biblical characters who seemed to exude joy even in difficult times?
7. Who are the people in your life that best exude Christian joy? How have you been blessed by them?