“Begin and End in Hope” – Mark 2:1-12 – Pastor Jim Glesne
There can be hope in the midst of uncertainty.
We have all lost hope in some sense at some point in our lives.
If faith begins the journey, then hope ends the journey.
“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade.” – Peter 1:1-2
The Christian life is essentially a life of hope.
“For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.” – Romans 8:24-25 (NIV)
God has given the hope of eternal life to those who live faithfully in Christ Jesus.
1. The adversities and sufferings of life come unexpectedly. How do we deal with them? What is our approach?
2. Faith and hope come hand in hand. What is the difference between hope and faith?
3. What difference does hope make in the way we live?
4. Martyrs live and die in the hope of Christ. Why would they choose hope in Christ over continued life on earth?
5. How does hope in Christ influence the way we think? the way we live?