“No Need To Be Anxious” – John 14:25-27 – Pastor Jim Glesne
True peace is very difficult to find in this world.
We live in a world that is looking for peace.
Many are disconnected from peace on a daily basis due to:
1) sin – loss of peace with God
2) stress – loss of peace with self
3) conflict – loss of peace with others
Peace is not the absence of trouble…but the presence of contentment.
When God is with us, we find peace regardless of what life throws at us.
“Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.” Philippians 4:6-7 (MSG)
A saying worth remembering: God is good – all the time.
God loves you
God calls you
God empowers you
“And the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:7 (NET)
1. Where do I find strength to battle anxiety and fear?
2. Darkness is the absence of light. How is anxiety the absence of peace?
3. Anxiety is often caused by a poor personal relationship. Trusting that God can work miracles with even the most injured relationship, what is your part? Saying “I’m sorry” even if you don’t believe you are to blame?
4. How is that a witness of your faith? What does behavior contrary to that type of witness say about your relationship with Christ?
5. How do we receive the peace available through Jesus Christ?
6. After receiving that peace, what does it take to sustain and increase that peace?