“How Can I Be Sure of My Faith?” – Romans 10:9-13 – Pastor Kassebaum
More than a feeling
Our feelings are changeable and deceptive.
Our Heavenly Father wants us to be sure of our relationship with Him.
A resurrection faith
There is nothing more certain than Jesus’ victory over death.
Because of Jesus, we trust that the barrier between us and God has been removed.
Just open the door
Eternal life is free, but not cheap.
Trust the Word of God, the work of Jesus and the witness of the Holy Spirit.
Revelation 3:20; John 10:22-30
1. Why is it important to be sure of our faith based on the promises of the Bible rather than our feelings?
2. What promises of God do you find most meaningful when you find yourself doubting or worrying?
3. Why is it important to be reminded that our salvation is based on a relationship with Jesus rather than basing it on our feelings or our works?
4. What might you say to someone who thinks they can be saved by living a reasonably good life and hoping God will let them into heaven when they die?
5. If your faith is based on the Word of God, the work of Jesus and the Witness of the Holy Spirit, are really you putting your trust in all of them?
6. Why is it not arrogant to be sure of your faith?