How Will I Know the Holy Spirit is Working in Me? – Galatians 5:22-26 – Pastor Larry Kassebaum
Look for “signs and wonders”
The Holy Spirit rarely acts without evidence although it is different for everyone.
Don’t be surprised if scales fall from your eyes and your heart is warmed.
A “close encounter” with Jesus
Saul/Paul’s story might help you see yourself coming to new life in Christ.
Be prepared for both great affirmation and great expectation from the Holy Spirit.
Not “if” but “when”
You can create a more welcoming environment for the Holy Spirit by getting rid of doubt and fear.
When was the last time you deliberately stepped out in faith?
1. Whose story in the Bible reminds you most of your own introduction to faith and the achievements or struggles that came next?
2. What are some things that have happened to you or things you’ve learned that you can now reflect on as evidence of the Holy Spirit calling, gathering and equipping you?
3. The Holy Spirit uses both education and emotion to create faith in us and equip us for sharing it with others. How are you doing in both areas? Why do you did you answer as you did?
4. Looking at the fruit of the Spirt in Galatians 5:22, where are you strongest? Where do you need to ask the Holy Spirit for the most help?
5. Have you ever experienced unexplainable power or unexpected results in being faithful to God? How have those experiences better prepared you for the future?
6. What “big leap of faith” would you take if you were more certain of the power and guidance of the Holy Spirit?