“Floored by Forgiveness” – Luke 15:11-20 – Pastor Larry Kassebaum
These three things don’t work:
- Blaming others
It’s really forgiveness and then confession.
Seeing more clearly
Like the father in this story, our Heavenly father is gracious and merciful.
When you have been forgiven much, you will love much.
1 John 1:9
The rest of the story
To hold onto our forgiveness, we will need to work at and learn how to forgive others.
Here are three good things to do:
Release your desire to get even
Respond to evil with good
Repeat as necessary
1. In the story of “The Lost Son,” did the word “forgiveness” ever come out of the father’s mouth?
2. Do you believe that the son knew he was forgiven?
3. Our forgiveness from God is not dependent on our deserving it. How does our trying to justify forgiveness complicate it?
4. How does forgiveness change us? How does forgiveness help us deal with our guilt?
5. How is our forgiveness dependent on our forgiving others?
6. Why is forgiving others necessary to get rid of resentment?