“Schooled by Separation” – Luke 15:11-19
Rev. Dan Clites, LCMC Coordinator for New Ministry Development
Mission is more than sponsoring missionaries.
Mission is more than doing nice activities .
Mission is lifestyle.
Matthew 28:19-19b (The Great Commission)
As Christians, we get to live in the Relationship (the vertical of the Great Commandment) … and we get to live in the Fellowship (the horizontal of the Great Commission.)
Our Father in Heaven wants you and I to know that His Relationship with us is rock-solid secure — so that we can have peace over a sometimes not-so-secure Fellowship with Him and others.
1 John 4:10-11, Luke 15:11-19
Because it’s Father-God’s mission to send himself as a missionary to make things right again.
Our ignorance does not change who God is for us. But it can change our fellowship and our ability to receive that which God wants to give us!
1. What might you be experiencing when you’re “feeling separated” from fellowship with the Father?
2. What does it take for you to “come to your senses” and seek the power of the Father’s redeeming relationship?
3. In this season of Lent, what is Jesus doing to reconcile his relationship with the world, so we can be in fellowship with him and others?
4. What will it take for you to move from any possible membership mentality, to a missional mentality, so you can live in the daily power of faith?
5. When you are living in the power of the Cross (Relationship with Fellowship), how are you being schooled to have an everlasting impact in your daily spheres of influence?