“Trained & Equipped” – Matthew 7:24-29 – Pastor Larry Kassebaum
Faith is a four letter word
It was a lot easier to get the Israelites out of Egypt than it was to get Egypt out of the Israelites.
God is always in the process of building lives based on faith and not worry.
Matthew 6:25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?
Godly change is good
A journey with Jesus will change how you think and how you act.
Jesus says that the person who worries needs to change, not the things we worry about.
Matthew 7:28-29 When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at his teaching, because he taught as one who had authority, and not as their teachers of the law.
Just walk with Jesus
Develop a rhythm to your life centered on the idea that God calls and you are to respond.
Don’t forget life’s warning label, do not attempt this by yourself.
Matthew 7:24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.”
1. How is being a disciple of Jesus like being an Israelite on their way from the Egypt to the Promised Land?
2. As you look back at events/experiences in your life, can you see some of the ways God has been trying to train and equip you for both serving Him and enjoying His Kingdom?
3. Why are we often better able to learn and grow when we are forced out of our comfort zones?
4. What were some of the most important lessons you learned between the ages of 20 and 30?
5. In what ways are Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount (Matthew chapters 5-7) and the giving of the 10 commandments (Exodus chapter 20) similar?