What is Stephen Ministry?
Bear one another’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ (Galatians 6:2, NRSV)
We welcome our newest Stephen Ministers! They will commissioned Sunday, April 15th at the 9:30am worship service.
– Bill Behrens
– Marilyn Behrens
– Bonnie Briski
– Larry Briski
– Janis Johnson
– Virgil Madison
– Dick Rosenlof
Stephen Ministry is the one-to-one lay caring ministry that takes place in congregations that use the Stephen Series system.
Stephen Ministry congregations equip and empower lay caregivers—called Stephen Ministers—to provide high-quality, confidential, Christ-centered care to people people going through tough times. A Stephen Minister usually provides care to one person at a time, meeting with that person once a week for about an hour. Twice a month, Stephen Ministers gather with their Stephen Leaders for supervision and continuing education.
Stephen Leaders establish and direct Stephen Ministry in a congregation. They—
- build awareness of Stephen Ministry within the congregation and community
- recruit and train Stephen Ministers
- meet with potential care receivers to assess their needs
- match care receivers with Stephen Ministers
- provide Stephen Ministers with ongoing supervision and continuing education
For more information contact a Stephen Minister Leader, Ardyce Henriksen, Sebastiao Pereira or Pastor Floyd Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.