“Well done, good and faithful servant!”- Matthew 25:19-23
Avoid the “big two”
If you understand ownership, you’ll know you are to be a contributor and not a consumer.
If you understand accountability, you will prioritize your investments and how you measure them.
Hebrew 11:6 “Without faith, it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek him.”
Know God- Know Peace/No God- No Peace
We give because God first gave to us!
Only massive doses of God’s love will help us overcome our self-doubt and self-pity.
1 John 4:18 “There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.”
What does this mean?
Remember God has the right to take away anything in your life you don’t use for Him.
Exercise your faith regularly, exercise helps faith grow!
Hebrews 13:21 “God will equip you with all you need for doing God’s will.”
1. How would the world be different if everyone believed God created and “still owns” everything?
2. When/how are you tempted to doubt that everything you have are belongs to God?
3. Why/how would believing that God created and owns everything take most of the stress/worry/anxiety out of your life?
4. Which would God prefer- that you seek to serve and obey Him and fail or play it safe and succeed? Which do you find yourself doing most often?
5. How do you see the “use it or lose it” principle play out in your life?
6. How do you usually handle self-doubt, self-pity and self-consciousness? How can this parable help you with any or all of these concerns?
7. How can you ensure that you are more concerned about God’s affirmation than praise from other sources?