“Pentecost” – Acts 2:1-21 – Pastor Larry Kassebaum
The day everything changed
Without the Holy Spirit, we’re a mess. With the Holy Spirit, we are messengers.
By the Holy Spirit’s power, the fearful became fearless!
Holy Spirit Power
The power available to every Christian is greater than fossil fuels or even nuclear energy.
The hearts of the disciples were set on fire with love for God and a burning desire to tell His story.
It’s all about God
We are called to rejoice in suffering for Jesus.
Pentecost reminds us that where there is a will, there’s a way!
1. What are some incredible things that can do because of electrical and/or gas power?
2. Would you say your life is Holy Spirit powered? Why?
3. Why do you think fifty days of prayer, study and fellowship prepared the disciples for the explosion of faith on the 5oth day (Pentecost)?
4. Have you ever had a similar experience at a church retreat or week at church camp? When was the last time you did that? Could you benefit from doing it again?
5. What inspires you most about what the Holy Spirit did in/through the disciples on Pentecost? What would you like to see the Holy Spirit do in your life?
6. Even non-believers know about the other two major church festivals (Christmas and Easter) why do you think Pentecost runs such a distant 3rd?
7. What would you have to do in living your faith for people to ask if you were drunk?