“Peter” – John 21:1-14 – Pastor Jim Glesne
Nobody is perfect … everyone fails.
John 18:12-13, 16-19, 25-27
No matter what you do, Jesus is still your friend.
You must understand that your sin has consequences.
You must confront your sin, admit your sin and confess your sin.
Jesus still has a purpose and mission for you.
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” – C. S. Lewis
1. Why may the disciples have had a difficult time doing what Jesus asked?
2. Why do people sometimes find it hard to obey?
3. What happens when we listen to Jesus and do what he says?
4. Eugene Peterson talks about “a long obedience in the same direction.” Why is this important, and how does this apply to the story in John 21?
5. Why do we often have to come to the end of our resources before we will give God control?
6. How does humility and a teachable spirit help us as we go through difficult situations in life?
7. Many times we overlook the answer because it is too obvious. How can we get better at listening to God so we don’t miss the answer?
8. Has God ever given you an answer that you did not like? Why is it important to obey in those times?
9. We are sometimes willing to do something great, but not something small. Why is that?
10. Read Psalm 51:12 How can you develop a willing spirit.