“Peter’s Message” – Acts 2:36-41 – Pastor Larry Kassebaum
P + P + C = MI
P stands for Potency
There is a big difference between having something to say and having to say something.
God’s word is powerful because it is associated with both blessings and curses.
P stands for Proximity
People don’t care how much we know until they know how much we care.
There are times when people are more receptive to receive than others.
C stands for Clarity
We need to practice being clear and concise.
God’s Word is always about repentance and believe.
MI stands for Maximum Impact
Inspiration without expression leads to frustration.
We measure what we value and value what we measure.
- When in your life were you most receptive to God’s word/will/work in your life?
- What role do you think guilt (over their role in the death of Jesus) played in the repentance/transformation of those early believers?
- What are some of the factors that made Peter’s message so potent?
- What were some of the ways that Peter’s message hit close to home (proximity)?
- Can name a person(s) in your life who had that wonderful combination of potency, proximity and clarity?
- How would you rate yourself when it comes to the potency of your faith? The clarity of your message?
- Who are the people closest to you that need to see and hear more about your faith?