“Our Need for Daily Bible Reading” – Luke 8:4-15
It’s a myth that faith is the absence of thinking or questioning?
Your Bible will speak to you when you approach it with an inquiring mind and a hungering heart.
Meet the author
Daily reading helps you focus on the devotional blessings that are aimed at your spiritual growth.
Expect God to be revealed and be inspired and transformed.
Consistency pays off
Focus your reading more on what you understand than on what you don’t understand.
Take advantage of the familiarity of God’s voice as it God’s heart and character.
- When have you been most satisfied with your habit of reading the Bible?
- What are some of the reasons/excuses that keep you from a daily and meaningful habit of reading your Bible?
- Describe a time (or two) when you read a Bible passage and truly heard God speak in and through it?
- Would you say you are more inclined to read the Bible scholarly or devotionally? How do you think these two approaches are different?
- How has the Bible been spiritual nourishment for you?
- How can you argue or talk with God when you read the Bible?
- Describe a time when you were reading the Bible and a phrase or verse spoke directly to you.