“Our Need to Serve” – John 13:6-16; Micah 6:2-4, 6-8
Service is not an option
Jesus calls from a focus on serve us to a life of service.
The truth is, we cannot know God apart from God’s serving love for us
Jesus modeled and commanded
Humble service is simply a matter of our reflecting what God has given to us and done for us.
Because we are created in the image of God, serving is at the heart of who we are.
What do you love to do?
God’s call to servanthood begins by matching us to our gifts and our passions.
Jesus wants to make sure the significant parts of ourselves are developed and used.
1. Describe a time when you served others and walked away with the sense that you had received more than you had given. Why do you think that was?
2. What are some of the ways you can better understand how God has served you as you serve others?
3. How aware are you of your God-given gifts and abilities?
4. How aware you of your most deeply held passions?
5. When you think of times when you have enjoyed serving (and times when you haven’t) how do you see that in connection to your gifts and passions?
6. What are some of your best experiences serving in and through a congregation?
7. What are some of your best experiences serving beyond the congregation?
8. Why do you think it’s important for every believer to find their niche serving in their congregation? Beyond the congregation?