“Our Need to Worship” – John 4:19-26 – Pastor Larry Kassebaum
Worship is essential
No human civilization has ever been created that did not worship.
Cultures that have forbidden worship were doomed to the ugliness of selfishness with its greed and tyranny.
A gift from God
Our soul’s hunger and thirst to know God is satisfied in worship.
Without worship we confuse the temporary satisfactions of pleasure with the eternal joy of God’s gift of purpose for our lives.
Make it a priority
The truth is that what we expect is exactly what we get in worship.
True worship allows us a glimpse of eternity.
1. What are some of your best “worship” memories
2. How/why does worship bring out the best in us?
3. If the devil and dictator’s work so hard to keep us from worshipping, why do you suppose so many people do this to themselves?
4. How has worship been a gift to you?
5. How do you prepare yourself to “meet God” in worship?
What are some of the things that can keep you from meeting God in weekly worship?
What are some examples of regular personal worship and lives that have changed the world for good?
What good do you think God could do in the world through you? How would He use weekly worship to serve that purpose?