“The Truth about Change”
John 3:1-8; Ecclesiastes 3:1-8; Exodus 1:6-14
Where fairy tales fail
Many people have been crippled with disillusionment and disappointment because of their life expectations.
God’s book never gives us the illusion that life gets easy at some point and the challenge to grow comes to an end.
Jesus shows us how to not only how to cope but to be conquerors.
Be alert for God’s voice, accept God’s comfort and ask for God for courage.
All sunshine makes desert
The truth of the matter is that God can use sunshine and shadows to bless us.
For the best results apply God’s word, anticipate God’s help and adhere to God’s plan.
1. In what ways do you think you might have been influenced by the “happily ever after” myth?
2. What are some of the unexpected changes that you experienced in each of these periods?
3. What were some changes that occurred during these periods that you weren’t prepared for even though you should have seen them coming?
4. What are some of the similarities between early childhood, adolescence, adulthood and senior adulthood?
5. Which of these seasons (above) did you find most challenging? Enjoyable?
6. What are some of the ways Jesus’ life and God’s word can prepare you for both the expected and unexpected changes in life?
7. How have you prepared yourself for the “normal” changes that are likely coming in your life? How might these preparations prepare you for the unexpected things to come?