“The Truth about God” – John 14:15-21
The Myth: God is unreasonable
The Truth: God is a compassionate Father
The Myth: God is unreliable
The Truth: God is a consistent Father
The Myth: God is unconcerned about me
The Truth: God is caring Father
The Myth: God is unpleasable
The Truth: God is a gracious Father
Ephesians 1: 4-5
1. What are some of the ways in which we are led to believe things about God that are not true?
2. Since the Bible often refers to God as being like a father, what are some of the ways our personal experiences with an earthly father can hinder a “right relationship” with God the father of Jesus Christ?
3. What are some of the ways our creeds help us get a true picture of God’s nature and God’s activity in our lives/the world?
4. What are some of the areas of your life where your behavior has been based on a distorted understanding of God?
5. What are some of the areas of your life where your have been blessed by behavior that was based on a true understanding of God?
6. Why is it helpful to remember that peoples understanding of God is more likely to be distorted than accurate?
7. Who are the people or what were the incidents in your life that were most helpful in exploding your misconceptions about God and pointing you toward the truth?