“The Truth about Truth” – Galatians 1:1-9 – Pastor Larry Kassebaum
There is a huge difference
Your beliefs will determine your behavior.
Untrue beliefs are both damaging and dangerous.
1 John 4:1
The truth sets you free
Truth is a road map for negotiating the difficult challenges of life.
Jesus explodes the myths that make us miserable.
God wants to transform us inwardly by a complete change of your mind.
Commit yourself to:
Seeking the truth
Living the truth
Believing the truth
2 Timothy 4:3-4
1. How has your life been impacted by misinformation or false information?
2. What are some of the similarities and differences between people deliberately or unintentionally giving you false information?
3. How might you answer someone who says, “It doesn’t matter what you believe as long as you are sincere?”
4. Look carefully at the last few words of John 8:44, what sobering message do you hear in those words?
5. Why is there no better source of truth than the Bible? (You might want to read Romans 3:4.)
6. Eighty times in the four Gospels Jesus says, “I tell you the truth.” Twenty times he is recorded saying, “You have heard it said, but I say…” Why is this important?
7. In Matthew 7:24, to what does Jesus compare a life built on truth?