“Men at Work”
Feeding the 5000
A miracle in slow motion John 6:6
This story is a reminder that we easily focus on the problem rather than the provider.
This miracle is worth its special attention.
Expect leftovers John 6:11
With Jesus God’s power becomes personal.
Jesus did not come to keep stomachs from growling, he came to keep souls from perishing.
A child-like faith John 6:14
Every problem you face is an opportunity for God to bless you and teach you to believe.
Never doubt God or deny Him
- What is your favorite part of this story?
- Are you more like Phillip, Andrew or the boy? Why
- Why do you think this story is recorded in all four Gospels?
- When have you experienced a powerful blessing like this story?
- Why is it important to be reminded there were leftovers?
- Look closely at verse 14, what was there about this sign that prompted true faith?
- How does this story remind you of Holy Communion?
Other lesson, I Kings 17:7-16