And God Said: “This Will Be On The Test” 10.2.16 – Pastor Kassebaum
“This Will Be On The Test” – Micah 6:1-8 – Pastor Larry Kassebaum
Beware of comparisons
We can easily find false comfort in over–estimating ourselves.
Micah was charged with confronting a smug, self–satisfied nation.
Micah challenges us to do gracious things by the grace of God.
Humility before God is the foundation of true faith.
A “to do” list
Jesus is looking for followers not admirers.
Ask yourself if you are ready to do what needs to be done without the reward of recognition.
1. Why is it hard for “complacent” people to hear critical insight about their lives?
2. What were some of the reasons the people of Micah’s day (Israel) might have been complacent?
3. In terms of Micah 6:6-8, what does it mean to “Do justice?”
4. Why is the mixture of “doing justice, loving mercy and walking humbly with God” such an important formula? What happens if you’re only doing one or two out of the three?
5. How would you rate yourself on each of these three areas? Why?
6. What are some things you can do to improve the areas where you’re already strong?
7. What are some things you can do (ideally making them become rituals) that you can do to address an area of weakness?
Sunday Movie Matinee
DID YOU KNOW?
If you have missed any of the previous movies shown, you may check them out from the front office to view. Some of titles include: God’s Not Dead, Brother White, Soul Surfer, Seasons of Gray, Do You Believe?, Finding Normal, War Room, Woodlawn, Where Hope Grows, Mom’s Night Out, Faith of Our Fathers and The Encounter.