“Thank You for Saving Me!” 11.17.19 – Pastor Kassebaum
VLCW CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON – SAT, DECEMBER 14, 11:00AM
Guest Speaker: Cathy Wilson – “Christmas from the Hebrew Scriptures”
Cathy and her husband, Bob, are based in Arizona, where she functions as the Arizona Branch Leader for Chosen People Ministries while serving as a “boots on the ground” missionary as well. The team’s goal is twofold: education of the church concerning the Jewish roots of Christianity and outreach into the heavily populated Jewish community. Tickets on sale for $10.
Senior Saints Outing: A Christmas Carol Musical
FRI, DECEMBER 6 @ 5:30pm (Bus leaves Victory @ 4:45pm)
Join us for a production of Charles Dickens’ magnificent story at the Silver Star Theater (5247 E. Brown Rd, Mesa). The production is full of marvelous traditional carols… spectacular costumes… and ghostly special effects! Your payment of $40 is due at time of sign-up. Please indicate your seating choice and whether you will be driving yourself or riding the bus. Deadline: November 24th
Here are a few highlights of what has happened so far:
- Everything has been removed from the sanctuary except the organ (which is draped to protect it from dust).
- The large Mosaic was successfully moved a few feet back on Friday June 7th (just a few feet further west). It turned out to be heavier than expected – over 2,000 lbs!
- We have received all of our necessary construction permits. Our timeline for completion has only changed slightly. We are planning to be back in the sanctuary by the middle of September.
- Our asbestos report found a few hundred square feet of flooring that was contaminated, so we had to bring in an asbestos abatement company to properly treat and remove the problematic tile and carpet areas.
- Our summer transition into the Fellowship Hall for our worship services has worked out almost as well as we had hoped. We had a couple of weeks where we were not satisfied with the sound system performance, but as of this writing, we think most of major sound system issues have been addressed.
UPDATE – JULY 9, 2019