Psalm 62: “God Given Rest” 07.14.19 – Pastor Lien
NOISY OFFERING COLLECTION FOR NAVAJO MISSION
Thank you to all who brought in their change last week! We had $61.55 collected from the Crismon campus and $1,425.73 collected from Victory campus. Our team will be traveling July 24-28. Please keep them in your prayers. The NLM school is in need of a few supplies. Anything helps if you are able to contribute.
SCHOOL SUPPLIES NEEDED: Glue sticks, art supplies, expo markers & erasers, highlighters, Xerox colored paper
WHAT’S TAKING ROOT IN GROWTH MINISTRIES?
Christ followers have a wonderful opportunity to practice discipleship at Victory. We offer four courses that help each of us Grow Up and Grow Deep! Pastor Kassebaum recently taught our spring 101 class, the other three will be offered in in July and August in our Summer School for Christians. Sign up at the Welcome Center!
101-Knowing More: Church Membership
This class covers the basics of the Christian faith and what it means to be a member of Victory.
201-Growing Closer: Discovering Spiritual Maturity
Monday, July 22, 9:30-11am, Chapel
Perhaps you’ve heard of the book The Seven Habits of Highly Successful People. This course will explore the essential habits of effective disciples of Christ.
301-Serving Better: Discovering Your Individual Spiritual Gifts
Monday mornings, July 29-Aug 19, 9:30-11am
This 4-session course focuses on helping you identify your own God-given spiritual gifts (often very different than talents or skills!), and how best to utilize and maximize those gifts for work in the church, the community and the world.
401-Living Boldly: Discovering Your Life Mission
Monday, August 26, 9:30-11:30am, Chapel
The goal of this course is to learn simple and natural ways to share your faith with others.
Here are a few highlights of what has happened so far:
- Everything has been removed from the sanctuary except the organ (which is draped to protect it from dust).
- The large Mosaic was successfully moved a few feet back on Friday June 7th (just a few feet further west). It turned out to be heavier than expected – over 2,000 lbs!
- We have received all of our necessary construction permits. Our timeline for completion has only changed slightly. We are planning to be back in the sanctuary by the middle of September.
- Our asbestos report found a few hundred square feet of flooring that was contaminated, so we had to bring in an asbestos abatement company to properly treat and remove the problematic tile and carpet areas.
- Our summer transition into the Fellowship Hall for our worship services has worked out almost as well as we had hoped. We had a couple of weeks where we were not satisfied with the sound system performance, but as of this writing, we think most of major sound system issues have been addressed.
UPDATE – JULY 9, 2019